Summer is in full swing. Memorial Day and the 4th of July have passed. Now, July and August are in full swing with lots of long, hot days and kids declaring they have nothing to do. We cringe when we hear the words, “I’m bored” coming out of our kids’ mouths all day long. We long to create memories, have fun, and enjoy spending time together as a family.
Here are 5 fun ways to keep your kids busy, and keep everyone in the house happy:
- Amusement Parks – These parks are jam-packed with fun for the entire family! Six Flags offers some great discounts, as do many other parks like Hershey Park, Legoland, and more. Take a day trip and enjoy the day with your family. Most parks offer stroller rentals, locker rentals, and will even allow you to bring in your own food, so you can afford to visit the park at a reasonable cost.
- Sporting Events – Stock up on your favorite team gear, and head out to the ball game. Whether it’s baseball, soccer, or even Frisbee, you and your kids are sure to have a great time cheering your favorite team on to victory!
- Hiking – what could be better than spending time communing with nature? Hiking is a fun, cheap way to get your kids moving this summer! Your kids will love looking at different leaves and trees, identifying animal tracks, and enjoying the beautiful scenery while they do it. Grab a discount on a new Yeti cooler, and get out as much as you can with your kids this summer!
- Movie Theater Fun – Many movie theaters will offer discounts or special pricing during the summer. Some may even have dollar days where they’ll screen older movies for just a dollar per person. It’s a fantastic deal! Don’t want to sit inside this summer? See if there’s a drive-in movie theater near you! Your kids will love the experience of watching the big screen from the car.
- Pool Memberships – Memberships to a local community swimming pool are a great way to beat the heat! Most community pools have options available like splash pads, kiddie pools, water slides, and more. With reasonable hours to cover the hottest parts of the day, it’s a win-win for everyone!
These 5 options are a great start for making a lifetime of memories with your kids this summer. With a few minutes of research in your local area and these starting points, you’ll quickly be on your way to finding lots of fun things to do to keep your family happy all summer long.