Are you expecting a nice tax return this year? Maybe you’re getting back more than you were expecting? Whether you get back a whole bunch of money, or maybe just a bit, here are five fun ways to spend your tax refund this year.
- Take a Vacation – If you’re getting a big chunk of change back this year, splurge and take the family somewhere you’ve never been before. See the Grand Canyon, visit Mt. Rushmore, or find a warm, sandy beach where you can sit by the ocean and just relax. Want to make the most of your trip and save money before you even go? Check out these promo codes from Priceline and save on everything from flights to hotels to rental cars.
- Do Something Exciting – Have you always wanted to skydive? Maybe flying down a zipline is more your thing? This year, take your tax refund and do something you’ve always wanted to do. Make it an experience. Take along your spouse, best friend, or someone else who is as wild and crazy as you are and make it something you will never forget.
- Make Home Repairs or Improvements – Tax refund time is the perfect time to make all those home repairs and upgrades you’ve been wanting to make, but didn’t have the money to do so. Purchase new upgraded appliances for your kitchen, add heated tile floors to your bathroom, put new flooring in your bedroom. Whether your budget is big or small, there is something you can do to improve your home. Check out these deals from Lowes to help you stretch your dollar even farther when making your home improvement.
- Pamper Yourself (or Someone You Love – or BOTH!) – Does your wife work hard all day taking care of the kids and the house and everything else a mom has to do? Maybe your husband works long, hard days and you want him to know how much you appreciate him? Why not take some of your tax refund and spend it on a day at the spa for both of you? Let someone else take care of you for a little while, and just relax with a massage, makeover, and anything else your heart desires.
- Share the Love – tax refund time is also a great time to share the love by donating to a charitable cause. Maybe you have a charity that you often donate to, or a cause that is close to your heart. Why not share the love with them and donate some of your tax refund to help them? Not only will it make a difference to their cause, it will leave you with a good feeling in your heart, and what could be better than that?!
These are just 5 fun ways to spend your tax refund this year. I’d love to hear how you decided to spend your extra money this year.