Now that the weather is starting to get a little warmer, it’s time to start getting healthy and back on track. Summer will be here before we know it, and making sure you stay hydrated should be one of your top priorities. Water not only maintains your body fluids and hydrates your muscles to help you get through all the activities in your crazy day, it also keeps your digestive system moving along as it should. If you’re trying to lose weight, water is a natural appetite suppressant, which will fill your stomach to help reduce overeating.
We all know how great water is for us. However, it can be difficult to be sure you get enough water, so here are five super easy ways to help increase your water intake every day:
- Take Your Water with You. I have a favorite cup that I only use for water. Every day, before I leave the house, I fill my cup with ice cold water and head out. By having my water with me everywhere I go, I’m much more likely to drink more all day long. Don’t have a favorite cup or water bottle that you can carry everywhere? Stores like Academy Sports always have an excellent selection, and you can find the perfect cup or bottle that will fit all your needs. Check out these Academy promo codes and you might be able to save a few dollars on that new perfect cup.
- Drink Water Before Every Meal or Snack. Remember – water is a natural appetite suppressant, so drinking before each meal and snack will help keep you from eating too much. Not only that, but drinking before each meal and snack will help increase your water intake. The more you drink before and with each meal, the better off you’ll be!
- Ditch the Soda! I know. Soda tastes great, and it means you’re drinking something. But, drinking soda instead of water is only going to do more harm than good – even if you only drink it now and then. Your best bet is to do away with soda, sports drinks, and other sugar-laced drinks and stick to water all day long.
- Pep Up Your Water. When I first cut out soda and other sugary drinks, I hated the taste of water. I needed something to pep up my water and make it taste better. It’s amazing how far a splash of lemon can go in a glass of water. I’ve also frozen berries in ice cubes and dropped them in my water. Avoid the drink enhancers that are laced with products and chemicals, and stick to natural items like fruits to help flavor your water.
- Eat Your Water. Drinking water isn’t the only way to increase your daily water intake. Celery, cucumbers, cauliflower, spinach, green peppers, tomatoes, and watermelons are all foods that are high in water content and a fun, yummy way to increase your water intake. Blue Apron is a great way to get new and yummy ideas and recipes that will help keep you on the right track. Be sure to check out these Blue Apron coupons to save even more.
Those are just a few simple ways to help you increase your water intake everyday. If you have another suggestion that isn’t mentioned here, I’d love to hear about it!