When shopping online you can find bargains that rival those found in brick and mortar stores. There are a few things you should know before shopping online in order to make the shopping less stressful and more enjoyable. Some of the following tips can be useful in shopping offline, but they are intended to help you make the most of your online shopping trips.
1. Use online coupons and coupon codes to save money. You will find discounts on the internet that you cannot find in a physical store. Coupon codes that are announced do not make it into advertising circulars and cannot be used in person. Sometimes you can receive the codes on your mobile phone.
2. Sign up to receive emails from your favorite retailers. They will let you know when there are unadvertised sales. You will also be the first to know about new products, sometimes you can even purchase products before the general public!
3. Try free samples of items before buying the full version. This can help you avoid returns. These free samples may come with a sign up form in an email or be available directly on the website of your favorite retailers.
4. Create a ‘throwaway’ email address for online shopping. This is a free email address that is used in place of your regular email in order to reduce spam. Be sure to check this email address often in order to catch specials from your retailers or to be on the look out for strange charges.
5. Read reviews of the products you intend to buy. You can find out everything you need to know about a product by reading what others have to say about it. There are many places to find reviews from customers who have tried the products you are thinking of buying.
6. Don’t forget to fill out rebate forms. While we like to have instant rebates, it is nice to receive a check when you least expect it in the mail. You can fill out rebate forms online from internet purchases and also on retailers sites with codes from receipts if you purchased an item in a physical store.
7. If you need help, ask. Most stores have customer service support that is available 24 hours online.
8. Do feedback to retailers, if you like. If you are happy with a purchase or product, email the retailer or manufacturer to let them know. Sometimes you will receive coupons in your email from them just as a way of saying ‘thank you’ for being a customer!
Shopping online is a great experience and empowering once you realize that you can order anything and have it arrive at your home! From clothing to food, you can find it all at lower prices than in local stores, usually.