Amazon lifted its minimum purchase for free shipping from the previous $25 to $35 on October 21, 2013. As for this Amazon free shipping threshold raised in the 50 states, they didn’t give a clear explanation. This is the first time that Amazon made a change in free shipping qualification in over one decade.
It seems that Amazon is trying to make new attempts in reducing its freight expenditure, for Amazon lost $3 billion in total on shipping during the whole 2012, and approximate $1.8 billion during the third quarter 2013. And multinational retail corporations such as Walmart and Target provide free shipping on orders over $50, which still remains above Amazon’s.
Though Amazon free shipping threshold lifted, online shoppers needn’t be too disappointed with the result. Because there are more products across all 40 categories available for free shipping, which can be regarded as recompense of the raising, meaning you can get more of your items shipped free now than before. But you still need to focus on some necessary details of their shipping policy before your shopping at Amazon. To be eligible for free shipping, you should meet some other conditions as follows besides at least $35 of qualifying merchandise:
- Only items marked with “$35 & FREE Shipping” are eligible for free shipping by Amazon.
- Products must be sold or fulfilled by Amazon – If the products you add to shopping cart are shipped by individual sellers and not fulfilled by Amazon, they are not available for free shipping by Amazon, though they’re over $35.
- Your order should be within the U.S.
- You can ship to APO/FPO addresses only when they have a U.S. zip code. (Some Geographic shipping restrictions apply)
- Certain oversize and heavy items aren’t eligible.
- Gift cards receive free One-Day Shipping but don’t apply to the $35 minimum.
Actually Amazon free shipping threshold raised to $35 minimum is just a matter of timing, for shipping is not cheap anymore nowadays. Convincingly it makes no painful repercussions for your online shopping at Amazon, for you can still use Amazon coupon code October 2013 to get your items shipped free or receive extra savings on them!