Happy Fall! With it being the first day of Autumn, I thought it would be fitting to talk about different ways you can bring the beauty of the season into your home… without breaking the bank!
Here are 5 of my tips for beautiful and frugal Fall decor for any home:
- Bring the Outdoors Inside – Take a walk and gather up acorns, leaves, pine cones, fall flowers, and more items to help brighten up the inside and bring the warmth of fall indoors. You’ll get exercise, and you can even get your kids in on helping you with this project.’
- Stock up on Pumpkins, Gourds, and Other Fall Fruits and Veggies – Pumpkins and Gourds typically have a long shelf life, so you can decorate throughout the fall season with these gorgeous items. Look for gourds with unique coloring and markings. You can also paint the pumpkins and gourds any color you’d like to help match your decor but add a fall flavor.
- Baskets add a Fall Touch Quickly and Easily – With Fall being the harvest season, get creative with your fall decor. Beautiful, unique baskets or even washtubs filled with the items above add the flavor of fall to any home. Since you probably already have these items in your home, that’s a great way to save big money! Don’t like the baskets you have? A quick coat of spray paint can transform an old, ugly basket into a beautiful like-new one in just minutes. Using gold tones on your baskets will help make the bright fall colors pop a little bit more.
- Scented Candles Offer a Cozy Feeling – I love fall scented candles. Scents like cinnamon, pumpkin, warm apple pie, and other homey scents instantly transform your home into a fall escape. (Please remember to keep all candles up and out of the reach of children. I prefer to light candles after the kids have all gone to bed. It makes the house warm and cozy, and I can just relax and enjoy the scents before I head off to bed.)
- Find Deals Online – PromosPro is a great way to find discounts and deals on fall decor at places like Restoration Hardware and Bed Bath and Beyond.
It’s not hard at all to bring the beauty of Autumn into any home. In just a short time, you can transform your house from summer fun to a fall frenzy all your friends will be talking about.