It is your chance this time around to host the family Thanksgiving dinner. Get ready to host it, in style and warmth. It’s a time for upholding family traditions and creating some new ones too. The one thing that makes your family remembers the dinners hosted by you, other than the food is the decoration. Let all your creative juices flow for this season and go ballistic doing up your home. Just be warned that you are not to overdo it, keep it simple, tasteful and fun. It should exude that Holiday feeling and warmth. Keep reading to know what you can do differently this year.
1. Candles: They create that ethereal feel anywhere. You can easily find the turkey molded candles to choose from. So light them up and place them around the house. On the fire place, mantle place, above the TV cabinet and just about anywhere. Don’t lay it on too thick. 5 to 6 candles for every room are good enough. It’s even better if they are scented. Get in those forest and fruity smells.
2. Centerpiece: These form the center of Thanksgiving decorations. Make it sure that you pick them with great care. The honeycomb turkey centerpiece, foil fall sprays, fabric leaf cascades are only some of the options. You can easily find a variety of centerpiece designs to choose from. Keep the theme and décor in mind when buying Thanksgiving decorations.
3. Tableware: It is very important to buy tableware with great care. Get interesting tableware, champagne glasses, table skirts, banquet plates, tablecloth roll, turkey cups, party spoons, turkey themed food picks. Get the small pumpkin baskets to put candies on the table to accentuate the room décor. Prefer the disposable tableware to save you from the trouble of washing or keeping them safe after use.
4. Scene setting decorations: You can even find the scene setting decorations available online. These are must to give your home a perfect Thanksgiving Day look and feel. Find relevant flowers, cut-outs and pumpkins. Pick the decorations that are in rustic colors.
5. Balloons: Though you might at first find this idea immature but it is good to give the kid in you some let out. Get colorful balloons or turkey themed balloons to decorate your home. This idea works well for the kids’ room decoration.
It is family time and thus ambience, food, love and decorations all has to be perfect to make this day perfect! Buy these decorations well in advance so that you don’t have to run from store to store looking for best and affordable decorations. Also, starting early gives you the chance to pick the best of the decorations.