Christmas is getting closer by the minute. Before you know it, the big day will be here. Are you ready for it? If you’re still having a hard time trying to decide what to give as gifts this year, why not consider a DIY gift? I know what you’re thinking: I have no creative ability. They’re going to hate my gift! But, don’t worry! These DIY gift ideas are easy to make, beautiful, and everyone will love them!
Here are several creative DIY gift ideas for last minute giving that everyone will love:
- Artsy Coffee Mugs – Take a plain white coffee mug, a porcelain painter marker, and decorate to your heart’s content. Simple designs, words, or pictures can transform a boring white coffee mug into a beautiful work of art that the recipient wants to drink their coffee out of every morning. Pair your mug with a pack of gourmet coffee, and viola! You have the perfect DIY gift.
- DIY Chalkboard Tray – With a cookie sheet, some chalkboard paint, and a chalkboard paint marker, with a little effort, you can have a beautiful personalized tray to give as a gift. Worried about how your handwriting might look on the tray? Search the internet for handwriting tips and tutorials. You’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to make your handwriting look beautiful and professional.
- Embellished Sunglasses – Does your gift recipient love bling? You can quickly and easily create the perfect gift just for her! (Or him!) Grab a cute pair of sunglasses and embellish them as much – or as little as you’d like. Utilize these promo codes from Annie’s Craft Store and find all the items you need for this project and more at a discounted price.
- Handmade Soap – Soaps made with natural ingredients are all the rage right now, and you can do a quick search to find quick and easy ways to make homemade soaps that are perfect for giving. If your recipient is someone who already has everything, handmade soaps are a great DIY gift idea for last minute giving!
- Painted Mason Jars – Mason jars have a natural beauty about them, but there’s something about a painted mason jar that adds even more beauty. Cut a stencil out of cardstock, tape it onto the mason jar, paint the jar, and then remove the stencil for a beautiful, professional looking gift anyone will love.
- Paint-Dipped Kitchen Utensils – If you need to give a gift to someone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen, why not give them a new set of kitchen utensils with your own unique spin on them? Buy wooden spatulas and spoons, and dip them in several different colors of paint to match her/his kitchen. They’ll love that you took the time to think about something they could really use, AND they’ll love how you added your own special touch.
These DIY Gift Ideas for last minute giving are the perfect way to say, “Merry Christmas” without spending a ton of money. So, if you’re a last-minute giver like I am, consider a simple, yet beautiful, DIY Christmas gift from the heart.