If you’ve been procrastinating, now’s your chance. Back-to-School sales are more feverish than ever, and depending on where you live you only have one to three weeks before your kids are back in school. Bust out your list, and take note of these outrageous sales!
Our favorite place to hit up this week for apparel is Target. They have a 40% off sale on jeans for the entire family. That includes mom, dad, high school kids, elementary-goers, and even baby brother. If your child’s school has a uniform policy, they also have $5 polos in a variety of colors. Some of them even have shirring for the girls, giving them a little bit of style in an otherwise regimented outfit. Uniform bottoms start at $10, and many of the higher-priced styles are currently 25% off.
Paper, Pencils, Notebooks and More
Staples has some ridiculous sales going on this week. Be sure to check them out for all your stationary-esque needs:
- $0.15 Two-Pocket Paper Folders
- $0.25 4 oz Glue (See the $0.50 deal if you need glue stick, too.)
- $0.25 Pink Wedge Erasers (3 erasers per pack)
- $0.25 Dual Dome Pencil Sharpener
- $0.25 Wirebound, Wide-Ruled OR College-Ruled 8″x10.5″ 1-Subject Notebooks (70 sheets per notebook)
- $0.35 12″ Beveled Wooden Rulers
- $0.48 3″x5″ Ruled Index Cards (100 cards per pack)
- $0.50 4 oz Glue PLUS Glue Stick
- $0.50 Wide-Ruled Composition Notebooks
- $0.68 Twelve (12) #2 Yellow Pencils
- $0.75 Wide-Ruled OR College-Ruled 8″x10.5″ Filler Paper (120 sheet packs)
- $0.97 Crayola Fine-Line or Broad-Line Markers (10 markers per pack)
- $1 Westcott 13130 Blunt Tip 5″ Kids’ Scissors
- $1 3-Hole Binder Punch
- $35.99 Jansport Superbreak Backpacks (This one is a deal because Jansport guarantees all of their backpacks. If you ever, for any reason, need to replace it, they will either fix it for you, or replace the backpack free of charge. Buy a Jansport once, never buy a new backpack again. This is also $12 off of the regular price.)
For the College-Bound
If you’re still shopping around for your laptop or other school tech for the upcoming semester, now is a good time to strike. Best Buy has a ton of great deals going on for everything from laptops to dorm apparel.
Specific models of HP 2-in-1 laptops are $100 off, including the HP Envy x360 15.6″ touch screen. It has 8 GB of memory with a 1 TB hard drive. If you are a student with a .edu email address, you can sign up for their college student deals, which can get you an additional $150 off.
If you’re more of a Mac person, you can sign up with that .edu email and get $100 off a MacBook or iMac with free shipping.
Other sale items include $14.99 Insignia small appliances for your dorm eats, 10% off Beats wireless headphones, $40 off Insignia compact refrigerators, Insignia 9″ round table fans for $7.99 (the 4″ ones are only $5.99,) over 50% off West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Poppers, and $5 off Chromecast so you don’t waste oodles of money paying for cable. When you combine these deals with promo codes and Best Buy’s Price Match Guarantee, you have a recipe for an epic money-saving shopping trip.
The Duality of Procrastination
While it can appear that putting off back-to-school shopping results in even deeper price cuts, there comes a time when you have to buy. If you’ve waited this long into the season, you’re already seeing massive price reductions, but if you wait much longer you run the risk of everything being picked over. Get the shopping done now so that you can breathe a little easier these last few weeks of summer knowing that you’re prepared, and feeling satisfied that you got there on a budget.