I swear, every summer I convince myself that things are going to calm down after school lets out. Experience should remind me that the sentiment couldn’t be further from the truth. Maybe we don’t have to drop the kids off at and pick them up from school, but planning trips, going to the pool and arranging playdates and birthday parties is exhausting in its own right.
Whether you’re a working mom or a SAHM, it’s absolutely bonkers.
If you’re feeling like you need to take something off your plate to maintain your sanity, you’ll be thrilled to hear about Freshly. Freshly delivers chef-cooked meals to your home so you don’t have to work over the oven. That’s one less thing you have to juggle amongst all the summer madness.
We’re not going to lie: Freshly meals are delicious, nutritious, and even 100% gluten-free, but they can be a little expensive if you’re buying for your entire family. The cheapest you’ll find a meal is $8.99, and that’s if you’re ordering 12 meals (or 18 servings) per week. However, there are a few things that make it worth it:
- Freshly is a subscription service, but you can cancel or reduce the amount of meals you’ll buy at any time up until your weekly deadline.
- These meals are all-natural, gluten-free and peanut free. If you have allergies or sensitivities in your family, you know that $8.99 isn’t a terrible price at all for chef-cooked fare in this genre.
- We happen to have some fantastic promo codes that can help you get your meals for $6/person or even $20 off your first order.
If you’re fed up with all the doing this summer, and not enough of the relaxing, this can be a good way to get some nutritious eats for minimal effort. Let’s get into the details.
Do I get to choose what I’m going to eat?
Yes, and Freshly has amazing fare. We’re featuring some of our favorite dishes throughout this post, but there’s so much more to feast your eyes on. Freshly rotates dishes for all three square meals, too—breakfast, lunch and dinner—so you won’t get bored.
Am I ordering frozen food?
Nope! This food is cooked fresh and hand-delivered. All you have to do is heat it up. Don’t worry—heating instructions come with the food and usually involve a couple minutes in the microwave.
Do I have to order 12 meals per week?
Absolutely not. While the price per meal does go down with bigger orders, you can definitely order less. Want to take just a couple nights off of cooking? No problem.
- Four meals per week. At this subscription level, each meals costs $12.50 or $49.99 per week.
- Six meals per week. At this subscription level, each meal costs $9.99 or $59.99 per week.
- Nine meals per week. At this subscription level, each meal costs $9.99 or $89.99 per week.
- Twelve meals per week. At this subscription level, each meal costs $8.99 or $107.99 per week.
If you can’t dedicate to consistency, no problem. You can change your plan anytime up until your weekly deadline.
Sometimes life isn’t about saving money. While Freshly’s products are fairly priced for the quality you’re getting, the real thing they’re saving you is another precious commodity: time.