Lass than two weeks, and Halloween will be here! It’s time to really start thinking about the crafts you want to make to celebrate this year. If you’re like me, you need easy crafts. With 8 kids, I don’t have time to deal with messy, time consuming, expensive projects. I need easy, peasy projects that everyone wants to do.
Here are a few ideas for Halloween crafts that anyone can make:
- Painted Leaves – Take large leaves, paint them white, draw eyes and a mouth on them, and you instantly have spooky leaf ghosts to decorate your house.
- Lid Spiders – Another super easy project. Take lids from jars you’re no longer using, paint them, and glue googly eyes on top and black pipe cleaners underneath. BAM! Instant spiders to set out as decorations for your table, as part of your centerpieces, or to “crawl” up your walls.
- Painted Jars – My older kids LOVE painting old jars to look like monsters, pumpkins, or anything else they can think of. Super easy to do, and they always look great when you keep the paint thin and add candles inside. If you make the paint too thick, you won’t be able to see the light very well, so keep it thin and light.
- Yarn Wreaths – Perfect for older girls and moms alike! (I’ve found my boys don’t have the patience to make a yarn wreath, and I promise you, I have tried with all of them!) Stock up on your favorite yarn from Red Heart, grab a wreath form from your favorite hobby store, and decorate to your heart’s content. You can make the wreath as spooky as you want… or don’t want to! (Be sure to check out all the awesome promo codes available from Red Heart while you’re here.)
- Footprint Crafts – I love, love, love to use my little ones’ hand prints and footprints for crafts. Footprints to look like ghosts and monsters, hand prints to look like pumpkins, bats, and spiders. Use your imagination, or search Pinterest for tons of great hand print and footprint Halloween craft ideas.
- Pumpkin Carving – pumpkin carving is always a fun, easy craft that kids love. Get the safety carving set, and go to town. Make your carving as detailed or as simple as you’d like, and make your front porch the spookiest on the block.
Walmart is a great place to stock up on all the items you’ll need to pull of your Halloween crafts with your kids, and you can save even more with these fantastic promo codes from Walmart. Happy crafting!