Typically January and February can be cold, dreary, and downright miserable. So, what can you do to beat the winter blues and have fun when it’s cold? Here are a few cold-day ideas to perk you up and beat the blahs a dreary winter can cause:
- Go Sledding – If it’s snowing where you live, get out and play in the snow. I know, I know: the snow is cold. I get it! I don’t like cold either. But, right now is the perfect time to stock up on winter gear. Take, for instance, these promo codes from Academy for up to 75% off their clearance items. I bet you can stock up on lots of things you need for hours of fun playtime in the snow!
- De-clutter & Donate – We call this “D & D” in our house. Toys that haven’t been played with in a while, things we no longer use or don’t need, we box up and take to our local thrift store that gives their proceeds to help battered women. It helps clean my house, and I’m donating to a worthy cause. Plus, it teaches my children how to give so that others can benefit. It’s a win-win all the way around and it helps beat the winter blues.
- Play Board Games – Board games, Legos, and other activities you can do as a family are always fun. My kids love “game night” in our house where we play games like Battleship, Memory, and build huge Lego sets together. Those are the nights I want them to look back on and remember how much we laughed and how much fun we had. Right now, you can use these discount codes from Toys R Us to save big on Lego sets, toys and games, and so much more.
- Cook a Huge Meal – No one is buying turkeys or hams for big meals right now, so that means the grocery stores will have them fairly cheap. Stock up on all your family’s favorites and cook a dinner to remember. Enlist everyone else in the house to help, and make it fun for everyone. Chat about funny memories and eat to your heart’s content. (The best part? A big meal with no company means lots of yummy leftovers to munch on for days.)
- Build a Bonfire – I know, I’m sending you back out in the cold. But, you’ve already scored your great deals on winter gear, so now you can stock up on hot chocolate and marshmallows, grab some big, comfy blankets, and gather ’round the bonfire. It’s sure to be tons of fun, and a great way to beat the winter blues!
Those are just a few ideas to beat the winter blues and have fun when it’s cold. I’d love to hear what you do when it’s still chilly outside.