Have you ever noticed how easy it is to put on weight during the summer? Sure, the weather is nicer, so you have the opportunity to stay more active. But, at the same time, the weather is nicer, which means more weddings, more family get-togethers, more church dinners on the grounds, and therefore — more food! What’s a person to do when they just want to stay fit and healthy and enjoy their summer without putting on those extra pounds?
Here are my tips to help you stay fit and healthy all summer long.
- Make Better Choices – If you head to a wedding, and they’re serving alcohol and cake, avoid both. Try to stick to fruits and veggies, and just drink water. Do the same thing at picnics and family get-togethers. Don’t fill your plate with empty calories that will taste good for a moment and bring you instant regret. When you make better choices, you’ll feel better at the end of the day.
- Use a Smaller Plate – If you’re somewhere that offers a large dinner plate and a small dessert plate, opt to use the dessert plate as your dinner plate. (Just don’t fill up your plate with desserts! Remember – you’re trying to make better choices!) Take small spoonfuls of the items you want to eat, and avoid going back for seconds. Once your plate is empty, throw it away and be done. You can do it!
- Join a Fitness Center – Keep yourself accountable and get to the gym! Joining a fitness club is a great way to stay motivated and keep yourself on track. Make new friends, find machines that work your problem areas, and tone and tighten your muscles. Not sure where to start? Check out these 24 Hour Fitness promo codes, score a great deal, and get started on the right track this summer.
- Stock Up on Better-for-You Foods – Make sure the foods you have on hand at home are foods that are good for you and aren’t going to undo everything you’ve worked so hard for. A great option for better-for-you foods is Thin Slim Foods. Check out these promo codes for Thin Slim Foods and fill your pantry and your kitchen with low carb foods and better choices.
- Drink More Water – This is what helps me the most, especially in summer. Keep your body hydrated and you’ll feel better. When you’re hungry, instead of grabbing a snack, drink a glass of water. When you want to make a bad choice, grab a bottle of water instead. Train your mind to want water, and you’ll be making much better choices in the months to come.
You can make better choices, and you can stay fit and healthy all summer long. I know I’ve got some “winter fluff” that I still need to lose, so you can bet I’ll be using all of these tips — and more — all summer long.
I’d love to hear your tips for staying fit and healthy during the summer. Is there something else you do that I didn’t mention above? Tell me about it in the comments below!