This Saturday, many people will celebrate Earth Day. If you are looking for fun ways to make Earth Day come alive for your kids, try these fun, easy ideas to celebrate.
- Skip the Bath – What kid doesn’t love getting dirty… and staying that way?! With all of the water shortages all over the world, it’s crazy to think about how much water we go through in a day. In a 10-minute shower, a person can consume up to 50 gallons of water. A bath can use up to 70 gallons! So, this Earth Day, skip the bath and save the water for someone who may need it. (Just don’t skip washing your hands. That’s a necessary part of life!)
- Pick it Up! Head to your local park and spend the day picking up trash and litter and making things a little more beautiful for everyone who comes by. This is such an easy way to teach your children about why littering is harmful to the environment and how to be respectful and care for the Earth so everyone can enjoy it. Show them how much fun it can be to ride bikes instead of being in a car, or how beautiful a walk through the park can be.
- Shop Online – This is a great way to save a tree! By shopping online, you can get an e-receipt that’s sent right to your email. No receipts to print out, no trees to cut down to make that receipt. Shopping online saves the gas in your car to drive to the store, and it is better for the environment. Not sure where to shop first? Check out all of these Earth Day promo codes to help you save more while you make an impact on the earth.
- Plant a Tree – Planting a tree, bushes, or any kind of plant life will not only beautify your lawn, it will also absorb some of the CO2 that’s in the air. A tree can last even longer than a person, and it can also make a huge difference when it comes to preventing soil erosion. However, planting anything green can help clean the air. Just be sure you don’t plant something you’re going to have to water excessively. After all, that water is a precious commodity. Want to get a great deal on trees and plants this Earth Day? Check out these promo codes from Lowes where you can get your favorite trees and plants at a great price.
- Keep it Going! Sure, it’s great to do something nice for the environment once a year on Earth Day. Know what’s even better? Making a difference all year long. Extend the celebration and teach your children the importance of “reduce, reuse, recycle.” If you skip your shower/bath this Earth Day, make it a habit to conserve more water in other ways. Don’t run the dishwasher or the washing machine until there’s a full load. Other ways to celebrate all year long include turning off the lights whenever you leave a room. Setting up a car pool for work/school. Plant a tree every year. Or, volunteer in your community and make a difference at least once a month.
Celebrating Earth Day can be fun, but it can also be rewarding. It’s not only great for the earth, but you will feel better knowing you’ve made a difference.