It’s that time of year! New York Fashion Week happened at the beginning of February and everyone is buzzing about what’s hot for spring. The consensus is this: 2016 is the year for no holds barred. Designers are stepping outside boxes and having fun–and the looks are more translatable to the street than ever before. Here is a summary of Vogue’s official take on this year’s spring hotness.
1. Anything goes. Really–being you is in. Nude lips or black gothic lips–it all works this year. Experimenting with makeup is all the rage this year. Create a mask with your colored eye shadow, smother your lips in out there color or use silver blush to brighten your cheeks.
2. Not into edgy? Warm and fuzzy curls are working, too. In fact, as a side note, there is a hashtag devoted to natural hair (#naturalhair).
3. Braids. Kim Kardashian has done it again with her plaited slash corn rowed hair. It’s a wearable street style that anyone can wear–low maintenance moms or high-fashion millenials. This was seen both on the runway and in attendance.
4. We love the fact that gym hair is cool right now. Messy is perfection, so pull your hair in a low bun, or tucked ponytail and let the front hang loose around your face. And you now have runway hair.
5. Bleach and block. Bleached out hair is back, but we like it long and sleek. Go curly and you may cross the line from high fashion to high end hooker. The block is the color block eyebrows. Last year is was bleached out brows, but this year, it’s a dark, rich color–they should almost look fake if you’re going for it. We admit though, that this is harder to pull off “off” the runway.