SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — PromosPro.com(http://www.PromosPro.com), the rising star in the coupon industry, today announced its Holiday Shopper Research, which revealed that 26% off shoppers start theirs holiday researching and shopping before the coming Halloween, and 8% off tend to do post-holiday shopping after Christmas Day. During 2014 Holiday shopping season, from now through the end of Christmas, the average person is expected to spend about $804, up nearly 5% from $767 last year.
PromosPro’s Resreach outlines 6 interesting trends that are expected to become the 2014 holiday shopping season:
1. Consumers shop earlier and are expected to spend more. According to PromosPro’s research, 26% of shoppers start holiday researching and shopping before Halloween, which reveals shoppers are shopping earlier this year. 67.4% of celebrants are eyeing Halloween costumes, averaging to $77.52 budget per person, compared to $75.03 last year. , During 2014 Holiday shopping season, from now through the end of Christmas, the average person spending is about $804, up nearly 5% from $767 last year.
2. Spending will be concentrated during four periods: pre-Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Mid-Holiday and Post-Holiday.
- 21 percent of all holiday spend will occur from Mid-October through the Thanksgiving weekend.
- Black Friday transformed into Gray Friday. 21 percent of spend will occur over the week of Black Friday.
- Fifty percent of the holiday spends will happen between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Eight percent will occur post-holiday.
3. Sharp Increase in Social Network Purchase Influence — More and more shoppers being influenced by social sites and friends during their upcoming holiday shopping:
- 28.5% of shoppers have made a purchase via social in the last year, an increase of 12% over 2013.
- 47% will make a purchase because of a social referral or product recommendations.
- 43% intend to discover new products via social networks.
4. Steady Increase in Coupon users: Over 90% of consumers will use coupons during holiday shopping. And 80% of them used coupon with regularly. Survey respondents reported the following:
- 57% of shoppers say they would not make a purchase without a coupon;
- 91% of shoppers say a low price is an important to very important factor in the decision to buy;
- 65% of consumers say online coupons often finalize theirs purchase decision if they are undecided.
- Free shipping continues to drive purchasing decisions: 84% of online shoppers are willing to wait additional days for delivery if they can get free shipping.
- Return policies affect purchase decisions: 82% shoppers saying they would complete the purchase if they could return the item to a store or have free return shipping. (comScore Study, 2014)
5. Holiday 2014 wish list still the same— five categories are at the core of the holiday 2014 wish list for most of shoppers: everyday clothing (61 percent), gift cards (58 percent), traditional toys (39 percent), personal electronics (36 percent) and media and entertainment (31 percent).( PwC’s Holiday Shopping report, 2014)
6. Post-holiday consumers are driven by sales and the best deal. The holiday shopping season doesn’t end in December and over 65% of consumers look forward to post-holiday deals during the holiday shopping season. Over 75% Post-holiday consumers say they are motivated by big sales, deals and discounts, and 90% of they tend to use coupon websites for good post-holiday deals.
“Due to the popularity of the Halloween and the upcoming holiday seasons extending until Thanksgiving to early Christmas bargain-hunting spree, there is no doubt that shoppers will find ways to maximize the fun while minimizing the expenses,” says PromosPro’s CEO. “And that’s where PromosPro’s can help them. With the best deals on hand, we’re pretty sure that consumers will definitely enjoy shopping and preparing for the coming holidays.”
Celebrating holidays doesn’t have to mean rise on expenses. Consumers can visit www.PromosPro.com for coupons and deals, and Hallow-Thanks-Mas Coupons during the coming holiday shopping season. Enjoy a Happy-Halloween–Thanksgiving-and-Christmas without breaking the holiday budget.
PromosPro is a website devoted to helping shoppers save time and money by using online coupon codes and discounts. The site compiles online coupons, deals, and special offers from thousands of merchants. PromosPro, the professional saving expert, is free to use and new discounts are becoming available every day. Mobile users can browse coupona whenever and wherever with PromosPro’s coupon app “AnyCodes”. For more information on AnyCodes and to view thousands of online coupon codes and discounts, please see: www.PromosPro.com.