Mom’s need one thing! To feel appreciated. There are tons of ways to celebrate Mother’s Day without breaking the bank. Mother’s Day is not about expensive gifts, but thoughtful, meaningful sentiments. For many families quality time without having to cook breakfast or do laundry is enough. If you’re looking for ways to celebrate Mother’s Day, check out these inexpensive, quirky ideas:
1. A Home Depot Workshop! On Saturday, May 6, the kids’ workshop are building a flower pot. Wouldn’t it be awesome if dad took the kids to actually make something to give to mom? She’d love the fact that it was planned and created by the little hands she loves.
2. Create a love jar. You can do this as her partner, or as a family. Your kids can decorate a mason jar with stickers or Sharpie markers and fill it with loves notes. I love you because….and fill the jar with all of the reasons we love mom. She might keep this on her desk at work for years to come. We love Michael’s for inexpensive jar decorating ideas.
3. A day off. While quality time is always a good things, maybe schedule an outing on Saturday and give mom Sunday to be by herself. Take the kids to grandma’s and give her a couple of hours of quiet.
4. A Picnic lunch. Mom’s appreciate attention to detail. Find a great spot, bring a blanket and picnic basket. An inexpensive wine stand might be the special touch she’s looking for. It reminds her that it’s Mom’s day to RELAX! If you really want to impress her, fill up an adorable picnic basket from JC Penney.
5. Memories. Remind mom to take a moment, slow down and remember the good stuff. Check out a memory journal from Amazon for under $10.
6. A Bath Basket. Mom’s like baths. It’s a fact. Spend some time creating a basket of bath accessories from Bed Bath and Beyond that promotes relaxation. Bath beads, salts, scented bubble bath, a bath pillow, and a water proof speaker are great ideas. Just don’t forget to give her the time to actually take a bath!
7. Visit A Winery–this is one step up from #4! Most wineries have plenty of open space where the kids can play. You might bring a Frisbee or some other easy-to-transport outdoor toys for the kids while you sip wine (responsibly of course!). Invite the rest of the family on the outing instead of doing an expensive brunch. A few bottles of wine might run you $50 and you can bring the rest!
Whatever you choose, remember that Mother’s Day is about love, appreciate and thoughtfulness. Good luck!