Shopping for Your Destination
Need a little warmth in your life? We found some great deals on the hottest winter vacation spots. Check out these spots now for a great deal.
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Check out Hotel Barcelo. This place is a five star, four diamond hotel that sits along the Pacific Ocean, with a sea of mountainous backdrop. Check out before booking your room.
- Miami Beach is always a fun spot and it’s ALWAYS WARM! Some our reasonably priced hotel picks are: the Fountainbleu, Loewes, Courtyard Cadillac. Check out coupons for fun things to do.
- Costa Rica is one of our favorite getaways because it’s cheap. The most you’ll pay is for airfare, but once your there, it’s definitely a budget vacation.
Punta Cana is another great pick for those of us on a budget. Lush white beaches and emerald seas give Punta Cana a heaven-on-earth feel. There are always great deals being offered for this Dominican Republic vacation spot.
What You Should Know Before Purchasing Your Airline Ticket
But first, follow these useful tips:
- Browse the sites, but then delete your cookies. There is growing evidence that websites can be tracking your habits in order to drive up price. Then, purchase on another computer. This might sound all conspiracy theorist-y, but you just never know.
- Do not buy too early UNLESS you are planning to travel on a holiday or other high airline traffic day. Book about 45 days out for domestic flights and no more than 60 days for international flights, Greenberg suggests.
- Whenever possible, travel on “off peak days.” Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days on which to book your flight. While it might be inconvenient, it’s the cheapest by hundreds.
- Consider the time of month. Many of us book right after being paid (the first and fifteenth, most popularly). Try to book on a day like the 7th, when traffic on the websites are slower, driving down prices.
- If you’re a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of person (no pun intended), wait until just before the departure date or even on it, and try to find a good deal on an empty seat. No guarantees on this though. Some airlines drive the prices up, in anticipation of emergencies. But on the day of? Empty seats are yours for next to nothing.