As soon as October approaches the excitement for the upcoming Halloween soars to great heights. From finding the wackiest costume to collecting candies and goodies to give away to the kids to decorating the house as haunting and frightening as possible, is all that runs through your mind the whole day. It’s the night when small tricks are always welcomed with heartiest of laughter. However, the most important element that makes the night and pleases oneself is the joy and happiness when one gives away candies and goodies in the Trick or treat bag. However in the process we always end up overspending and overdoing. But what if we say that there exist a smarter way to achieve it all, smarter way to please as well as save on the cash flow. Read below to find out.
- Don’t rush, it pays to be patient: Usually big stores put huge banners to tempt customers to buy candies and goodies way before Halloween. Don’t fall a prey to the temptation and wait till Halloween when all the stores put their goods on sale. Best is to buy candies a day before as it saves one from the temptation to eat them yourself or fight to keep your children away from it.
- Buy In Bulk:If your house is the favorite among the kids in the block then be prepared with a big bag of candies and goodies to please all. A warehouse type store comes in very handy at this time. Buying in bulk is always cheaper and safe.
- Overbuying is a Big NO: In the rush to please all don’t overdo and overspend by buying too many candies. An estimated amount plus some extras is all that one needs to make it through the night.
- Use Coupons, they come in handy:Its one of those times when a lot of stores give out coupons. One can use them to save a lot of money. Also make sure to search on internet and newspapers for offers that come as they may also help to save those extra bucks.
- Buy whatever is cheap: When a kid knocks on the door with his trick or treat bag, he doesn’t hope to be rewarded with the most expensive chocolate but he’s there for the candy. So don’t overspend by buying expensive candies instead use the money to buy more of kids’ favorites.
- Don’t buy candy you do like: We all have a sweet tooth and hence we recommend not buy candies that are one’s favorite since it’s easier to fight with the kids to keep them away but it’s an altogether different story when it comes to oneself. Resisting that desire is tough.
- Think Different, Be different: Candies have always been the traditional trick or treat bag goody, however, its sometimes good to think out of the box and do things different. One can always give away Halloween pencils, erasers, glowing stickers, etc. They are always cheap and kids can use them as well.
So as the Halloween draws near we hope that this year you can easily save on a lot and please as many kids as possible.