Don’t worry, we know you may not have the funds to support a trip around the world, but we thought about what awesome things you can do to make your summer memorable. All you need is a handful of cash, an open mind and an adventurous spirit.
1. Build a water park in your backyard for your next party. Rent a bouncy house with a water slide, buy a slip n’ slide, put the sprinkler on, and bust out the water guns. Make some sandwiches and invite your best friends over for a some good old fashioned fun! Check out inexpensive water toys at Walmart! This is not just for kids 🙂
2. Take a hike! Many states have programs and groups that hike in a different park each weekend. Commit to once every other week–it’s a great opportunity to appreciate nature in the place where you’re from. It’s also a great opportunity to get some exercise and do a little soul searching.
3. Join a Book Club. Once school starts, you’ll be committed to lots of academic reading. Now is a great time to catch up on some leisurely reading with a group of pals. When it’s your turn to host, make some great mocktails, like frozen daquiris! Check out latest postfor these recommendations. Then, check out Target for the latest deals on books and films.
4. Learn how to de-stress! While you have the time, take a yoga class and learn some key moves that you can use to maintain healthy stress levels. We love beach yoga. Just check your community’s meet up groups, or Facebook pages. If there are no beach workout classes, make one!
5. Cement Your Relationships. Carve out some QT with your besties, like movie nights. Instead of an expensive night out, plan a pajama party and watch your favorite movies. We love, The Sweetest Thing with Cameron Diaz. A great best friend flick.
6. Visit an amusement park. Find your inner kid. This is a great way to spend a summer day with your family, friends, or significant other. Slushies and cotton candy will take you back to your younger days and provide an outlet for some old fashioned fun. Don’t even think about going without checking out PromosPro for discounts and coupons!