Every woman knows the importance of savings and struggles to save every little penny. In this quest to save more, you often are misguided into some wrong saving decisions and as a result you end up spending more money than you would have. Read on to know where you are going wrong with your saving decisions:
1. Buying things for future use: No doubt that you save a lot of money when you buy goods in bulk but you can never know, when you may have to stop using that product. Some of the products you buy in bulk may get expired before getting used and you end up losing money as a result.
2. Looking for cheaper gas: Everyone wants to get cheaper gas for their car. Accept the fact that the gas station offering cheaper gas across the town is not meant to help you save money. You spend a lot of fuel and time in reaching that gas station. So get your tank full from the nearest gas station.
3. Getting the fuel tank full: Everyone wants to save the time that goes waste at the fuel stations but you must accept the fact that the more the fuel present in your car, the frequently you want to travel.
4. Preferring a road trip over air travel: Air travel is surely the most expensive way to travel but compare the time spent on the road trip. Add to it the fuel expenses, the maintenance of the car and the hassles you have to undertake in a road trip. An air travel leaves you rejuvenated to enjoy your vacation and later on resume your work.
5. Going for cheaper options: Going for a cheaper variant will save you some money but it will certainly need a replacement in a few years. You will also need to spend a lot of money in the form of repairs and maintenance. You would certainly not like a leaking sink or non-functioning water tank after every few days. One time expenditure on a higher quality product will save you the hassles of calling servicemen every now and then.
6. Higher/lower thermostat levels: If you set the temperature a bit higher or lower than the bearable temperature thinking that you will switch it off after a few hours, then probably you are wrong. Right thermostat temperature will save you electricity bill and provide comfort to the whole family.
7. Splurging in sales: Sales are a sure shot way to get amazing goods at great prices. However all goes wrong when you end up buying unusable items during sales period. Such items not only choke your house but take away the overall benefit of the other good bargains that you had found. So restrict the shopper inside you and buy only what you need.
All the above habits are aimed at saving money and time but somehow they lose their appeal and become expensive for you in the long run.